Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ok, so I slacked again.






Seriously. I am pathetic. School started and this is the first time in 2 years that I've been there for first quarter! Maternity leave w/Owen in 07, and same w/Ian in 08. So I'm relearning what I teach this semester.

Update on sleeping through the night: Literally, the night before the first day of school, I put Ian in his crib and left. I didn't come back. All attempts at Ferberizing failed miserably with this child--he would get all worked up every time I came in to 'reassure' him. So that night I just left. Perhaps it wasn't the kindest, but I tell you, a mommy w/o sleep who is suddenly faced w/summer being over and full-time work w/two under the age of three? That ain't kind, either! First night Ian cried 2 hrs then slept, waking up to cry for 20min or so a couple times. Next night was easier, third night darn near perfect.

Speaking of darn near perfect, Owen turns 3 next month! Aaaaaaahhh! He's my little verbal whiz, trying out new phrases and words all the time, sounding like an almost-4yo instead of almost-3yo. Sharp, too--doesn't miss a thing. Can't get anything past this kid!

Here are some pictures. I've been sick and this is the longest I've been upright in about 36 hrs, so adios for now.

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker