Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving!

I don't have pictures yet, but we had such a great Thanksgiving. A year ago on T'giving Day was the first time we met little Owen--he was just a peanut then, not even a month old that first day. We were terrified--if I watch the video now of us going thru customs, my eyes are HUGE with terror and nervousness and I am jittery and shifty-eyed. (Shannon filmed, smart man.)

I remember we couldn't even see him, he was wrapped in so many blankets, even though it ws really warm out. I remember climbing into a 2-door blue Toyota Tercel with his in my arms in the backseat--no carseat--as we made the 45 min. drive to Antigua. He was so teeny, and perfect! What a wonderful 4 days that was!

We had a great time at my parents' with my g'ma there, too. Owen loves loves loves turkey! We spent the whole day playing, reading, having a great time. He is loved so much by so many!

On Sunday, we went to the Hanging of the Greens at Shannon's parents' church. Owen climbed all over all of us, from one end of the pew to the other. He tried to grab the candles we held at the end. During scripture readings, he poked his Aunt Shawnna, and then his Uncle John, in the back (they were in the pew in front of us) trying to get their attention. He thinks he is something else!

Best of all, he SANG! When we'd sing hymns, he'd let out, 'Aaaaaaa, baaaaaa, aaaaaa,' over and over along w/the music! We should have known. He loves the radio, loves to dance, loves his toy guitar, loves to play 'drums' with pots and pans. Shannon says he'll be the next Santana.

Pics later!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker