Monday, May 28, 2007

The journey to Guatemala has begun for me...!

Well, here I am at the Pear TRee Inn in STL, right across from the airport. Shannon left about 30 min. ago, amidst my tears and endless hugs, poor guy! We survived, though. He can't stay w/me because he has weight-lifting and summer school in the morning. Darn!

So, I did cry for a while, then got into figuring out how to get the wifi to work here! Nothing like a problem to keep me occupied.

Tomorrow my place leave at 6:15am. I go from STL to Newark (yes, New Jersey--groan), then Newark to St Lauderdale, THEN Ft L to Guatemala. I'll get to Guate. at 6:50pm! Sheesh! But Owen and his foster mom will be there to greet me, and we'll be on our way to Antigua. Our facilitator will also be there, and should be getting me a cheapo phone that has minutes on it so that I can call home. :)

Love you all--thank you for all of your love, prayers, and support. Check in on Shannon now and then for me!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Yay!!! I'm SO excited for you!! Happy travels - I'll be praying and wishing you a safe journey. Can't wait to hear more....

Katie said...

Call me when you get here!! Let's hang out!!

Steve & Amy said...

Keep us posted on your trip! Can't wait to see new pics of that little guy!! Praying that you get out while your down there!

Steve & Amy said...

We're hoping since you haven't posted that you are too bust kissing & loving all over Owen. Hope everything is going well! Keep us posted:)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker