Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Some Guatemala pictures





I'm randomly going through my pictures from our last visit and choosing some to post here. I'm doing this mostly because I miss Owen so much and need to be doing something that is somehow related to him!!!
The first one are some plants hanging off the roof of a beautiful outdoor restaurant/nursery where we got mango ice cream one afternoon.
The 2nd one is a 6yo boy, who lives with a group of other boys and shines shoes to earn money for his family. No, he doesn't go to school.
The third picture is one of fat little Owen legs! I love them!!!
The last photo is a tiny girl I saw walking alone on an empty street in Antigua. I stopped, took her photo, and waited for a while...eventually, 2 older kids, just as dirty, came up and got her by the hand and dragged her to a very poor-looking mother. My heart ached for all of them.





No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker