Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Well, I don't really feel like a 'real' mommy yet, most of the time. I love my child like crazy but he's not here yet! Does that count???

My family seems to think so! Shannon got me a Mother's Day card, and although he won't admit, I am pretty dran sure he's ordered a bee suit for me, so I can take care of our hive in relative safety! Woohoo! My parents and grandmas also made me an adorable charm bracelet, with beads and charms like a rattle, pacficier, and 'S' and 'O' for the boys in my life! They also gave me a card from Owen (I'm sure he'll thank them later for giving it to me on his behalf), and a little bug cage, perfect for budding naturalists, which he's sure to be! And, as always, more books for him. :) Shannon and I have bazillions of books, and Owen is on his way...

Well, I leave in 2w1d to see the boy again. I'm still not sure if I'm staying to foster--it sort of depends on PGN. HEAR THAT, PGN GUY???? Let us OUT!!! I love Guatemala, but I don't want to live there forever!!!!

In other news, my grandma in Chicago is all settled into her new place--she just sold the house she and my g'father lived in for their entire adult lives, and in fact my g'pa lived in it for almost all of his childhood, as well. She sounds happier than I've heard her since my grandpa died, a year and a half ago. She lives about 10 minutes from her youngest g'daughter (my little cousin!), Shelby, and I know that brings her lots of joy. Shelby is in 1st grade and is just a doll!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker