Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Our case will be kicked out of PGN soon...document missing.

Our agent called us last night. Our facilitator was told by a friend in PGN that our case file will be kicked out of PGN soon (although right now it's not KO'ed, so we're just waiting to get the file), because for some reason my birth certificate was not in the file. Agent said our facilitator was almost in tears--she is SO competent, and it was just human error, meaning when she went through our file before submitting it to PGN, she just failed to notice that my BC was missing.
As it happens, our agent has another copy of my BC handy, because back in Nov. when I was getting our dossier together, I accidentally ordered 2 BCs from Nebraska for me. So of all the KOs, this one isn't bad, because we have the fix.
The catch is that the BC has to be authenticated in Nebraska, then sent to Denver to the Guatemalan Embassy there for some other type of treatment, THEN it goes to Guatemala to be added to our PGN file. Our agent FedEx'ed my BC to Neb., and I have the tracking #, so as soon as I see on FedEx's website that Neb. has my BC, I am going to call and BEG them to get it done today and FedEx'ed on to Denver TODAY, to get there tomorrow at 10am. (Wow, this is turning into an ad for FedEx!) Then once it's in Denver, agent will call and beg them to get it done ASAP and send it to Guate/agent/wherever is fastest to get it to PGN.
We are very upset, because this could mean another 8 wks in PGN, putting us well into summer for getting out of PGN. This may keep him from coming home in the summertime, and it may keep me from fostering and spending the summer w/our son. But we have a game plan and we'll do the best we can. Please keep us all in your prayers and hope we can get my new BC to Guatemala the same day our file is officially kicked out of PGN!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker