Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thoughts on motherhood:

I was eating out w/some other foster moms (and a foster dad) tonight, and when I was done eating I went over to a couch and played w/Owen. He stood on my belly, swung him up and down, sang to him, and so on...after I returned to the table, the other couple, who just arrived yest. and picked up their 10-day-old baby girl (!!) today,said,"You have such fun with him!" It is so true. All stages of babyhood are neat, and wonderful, but so far, this is my favorite. Sharon, who is here w/her 14-mo old Bella, says it just keeps getting better!

Then later, as he fell asleep smiling at me from behind his bottle, I felt weak...just almost doubled over from the intensity of my love for this little person.

By the way, Friday, 6 July, the official adoption decree was issued. Owen is legally our son.

Sleep on that. :)

2 comments:

Steve & Amy said...

What a wonderful story! We'll have sweet dreams now! When are the pics coming????:)

Our Family of 5 said...

Awww.....Congrats!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker