Thursday, December 13, 2007

I have to share :)

Owen did NOT want to go to sleep last night, even though he was obviously tired. Very tired! I spent 20 minutes lying next to him in our bed, laying him back down every 30 seconds or so after he'd roll up to sitting. He was of course quite angry w/me, and I was getting a little irked myself!

Then suddenly he decided he WAS tired, and he settled into the rump-in-the-air sleep position (see earlier post) with his face toward mine. He was also suddenly cheerful and smiley at his mommy...he grinned, and if you have ever seen Owen really grin, you know his whole face squinches up. His eyes squint, his nose wrinkles, his whole face smiles. He did this, and made his little giggly noise (I have no idea how to spell that noise--'he-eh' or maybe 'hingh'), and reached over to pat my cheek. He rolled around some, putting his cheek on mine, then snuggling into my chest, just moving till he found a good place then giggling a little and snuggling in for a new good place.

Then he fell asleep, and his mommy cried with joy. I just was totally overwhelmed. As I've written before: this kind of love is the most amazing, God-given gift I have ever experienced. To go from 'good grief, will this kid ever go to sleep,' to 'I can barely stand it, I love him so much' in about 90 seconds--talk about mood swings!

1 comment:

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Ah, there is the rub. A momma's love is so big, and yet can still feel stretched at times. Somehow our little sweet ones just seem to know when we are at our breaking point and then they turn on the cuteness. I'm convinced this is why God created the "Mommy-brain" (also known as "pregnancy brain") syndrome -- so that we remember all the sweet moments while the end-of-our-rope moments fade into distant memory.

So glad you were able to get a good night's sleep finally. It makes all the difference in the world. We've had two in a row and I'm dancing with joy!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker