Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sleeping solution

Well, we may have a solution. We put Owen's pack-and-play in our room. So, I hold him till he falls asleep, either in the living room or in our bed. After he's asleep, I put him in the pack-and-play. So he's close enough to see us when we awakens, and yet not RIGHT in our faces if he wakes up and whines. We can tell him 'shhhh' from our beds, and he knows we're right there and goes back to sleep. He usually sits up about 4:30 or so, and that's when we go get him and bring him in w/us.

I like it. He's nearby, we can see each other, and we all sleep MUCH better. Last night he slept w/us till 1:00, since he and I fell asleep at 7:30 in our bed and Shannon was already asleep in the other room!

1 comment:

Williams said...

Happy Holidays, Hensons! It sounds like the sleeping issue is improving. How exhausting! I'm sorry! I've heard that this is the age it occurs. Owen looks like such a little boy now with his thick hair. They change so fast. I'm glad to hear your enjoying parenthood so much. Have a merry Christmas!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker