Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Mommy Caved.

Well, last night I rocked him to sleep--he was out like a light. WITH his arms clenched around my shoulders every time I so much as shifted. I tried to put him in his crib 3x, and no dice--woke up and cried/screamed.

So I laid down on the floor w/him, on some blankets. He snuggled up to me and was out. Then I was out (thus foiling my own plan to try to pick him up and put him in bed)

At 1am, I woke up, and tried to move him to his bed. Didn't work. We went back to sleep.

I have 3 sleeping books ordered. I hope they come soon! I slept fine but missed my bed and my husband!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

IMO there is a reason he is needing you through the night. If it were me I would be there for him. Course I am a co-sleeper and could never imagine sleep training any of my children.

I hope you can find what works for you.

Rebecca and Shannon said...

Sandi--TY, I appreciate your input! I feel like he may need something now, too. Just a gut feeling.

Tina said...

Nice to know that someone else caved too. lol Toby woke up at 1:15 and I had him back to sleep in 5 mintues only to be awake just as I climbed back in bed. Same deal the next time only I was able to also run to the bathroom. I knew he wasn't going to make it easy so he slept with DH and I. Funny, he slept for 7 straight hours not waking. I wish I could get those results for him sleeping alone. Hang in there. Tonight's a new night and a new chance.

Rebecca and Shannon said...

LOL--yes, I caved last night too! Actually, he fell asleep in my arms, and stayed asleep in his own bed till midnight! When he woke up and started howling I went and got him. I had planned to try the Ferber method when that happened, but I'd gone running that afternoon and was just zonked. So, he came to our bed and we all slept fine!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker