Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A chore?


My father-in-law read the email I sent below, and replied that kids are supposed to be a 'chore.' A what? Owen? A chore? No way!

How are you? Good day here...Owen got up at 6:30 again, and so we got up and played, etc., then at 9 he went to sleep--till almost 1:00!! I was floored! I worked in the house for an hour, slept for an hour and a half (I slept terrible last night), did more work, etc...and still he slept! It was amazing. So, we're getting up at 6:30 again tomorrow. :)

We also ran thru the rain, in and out from under the front porch; watched the hummingbirds; played with/harassed a Hyla versicolor and a Hyla crucifer (frogs); played 'push'--he 'pushed' me over about 25 times and grinned very devilishly each time; read books; got food all over himself and me, because he wanted lots of forehead-to-forehead hugs during dinner; blew bubbles in the bathtub (he did this); drank 'buttwater,' as I call it, AKA tubwater, without my permission; went for a walk down the driveway on mommy's shoulders till it started to pour and we got all wet! :)

Is this heaven?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your posts. I am waiting for my son to come home from Guatemala and each one of your posts brings tears to my eyes. I miss my son so much and cannot wait to be able to enjoy him as much as you obviously are enjoying Owen. Congratulations on such a beautiful family. Keep up the posts!!!! They are a great souce of inspiration to just pull through one more day.

Steve & Amy said...

Oh if only each day of our lives could be like that!! What wonderful stories you have to tell! Can't wait to read more "Adventures of Owen":)

Katie said...

Is it okay to call you a frog-nerd?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker