Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Other news

Enough self-pity.

Some things that have transpired since our last post:

1. All of my closest friends and their kids came over for a BBQ this past Sat. It was so fun! Owen loves all the kids around and was fascinated by them.

2. Daddy's football team is 3-0! Good job, Coach!!

3. Most of you are aware that Shannon and I are nature freaks. We love it. We can't get enough of it. However, I have been putting Owen's little feet in the grass when we walk around the yard--and guess what he does? He lifts one leg up like a little flamingo and puts the other foot up on tippy-toe...so he's touching the grass as little as possible!!! WHAT!! And this isn't crunchy prickly grass, either. I put him in the SOFT grass! We are going to have to work on this. Oh, and I set him down in a sitting position--and he lifted BOTH feet up and was balancing on his bottom! Ay, caramba.

4. We have been going for runs w/him tucked in the jogging stroller; we enjoy them very much! The cows are always entertaining, and the dogs are hilarious as they charge around the fields and harass squirrels. Owen looks up at me a lot and grins. I like that.

5. We went to my parents' workplaces last Monday! Owen got to meet Grandpa's faculty collegues in the Economics department, and also met some 2nd graders at one school where Grammy teaches. He also met members of the Biology dept., all of whom adored him.

6. Owen continues to try to crawl, to no avail. But he gets stronger every day! He rocks on all 4s, goes from sitting to crawling positions, etc. I'm trying to make myself not give him the things he wants that are out of reach--I need to let him want them enough to go!

7. For some reason, the best toy on Earth, for today, is the Cheerios box. He can't live without it, apparently.

8. I apologize for the lack of pics today. I disconnected something vital from the hard drive and sparks jumped out at me. So I'm going to give it a while, and try later. :)

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker