Sunday, September 2, 2007

Owen's first hiking trip with Mommy





Owen and I trooped off to a state park today, while Daddy went to his football meeting. Owen was loaded into our (borrowed) Kelty baby backpack and we packed water and lunch, too. We hiked along a little river for about half a mile, then I decided it was too rocky--if I fell, the results would be awful! We went to a different trail then, and hiked up and up and up! After about 30 minutes of hiking, and me singing and babbling to Owen, I realized he was OUT like a light! We hiked back down, and I set him down by the river (see pic--soooooo cute!). He woke up and I gave him some lunch--minus a spoon, which I'd forgotten. So, he 'drank' his Gerber Organics Savory Carrots, Potatoes and Beef (again, see pic!).

I sat him in the creek and let him play for a while--he loved it, despite the COLD water! After about 40 min. of that, we headed out for groceries and home.

It was, quite simply, wonderfully fun! My little mountain man.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

What adorable pics!! Owen is too cute!!

Robyn

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Love the faux hawk! What a great way to spend the day with your little man -- inspires me to get out and about with my two ruffians.

Katie said...

This is awesome! How fun is that?

Steve & Amy said...

What a fun day you two had!!! LOVE the pictures!! I think he's going to be a boy scout!:)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker