Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's been a while!

Wow! It's been 10 days since we last posted...and not for lack of things going on!

Owen and I continue to enjoy my time off, although yesterday we took the first step in getting ready for me to return to work: we visited his in-home daycare. The woman is wonderful, and there are only a few other kids there. The home is safe and spacious and the whole family, in fact, is a Christian, kind, gentle bunch.

I JUST DON'T WANT TO LEAVE HIM!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

OK, thank you for letting me get that out.

I am very lucky in that I love my job, so returning will be tough but it's not as if I'll be going to a place I hate. I adore teaching, and I adore my district. It's just going to be really, really hard to leave him, knowing I won't see him for about 8 hours. EIGHT HOURS????? Oh my. I need to go lie down. Wow. I sometimes don't do well when I leave him WITH my husband when I go to class, and I'm just gone for 3.5 hours. Sigh...Mommy's gotta get tough, I guess.

4 comments:

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Girl, you are too funny! Of course, I have been home over a year, and with two for more than six months, so I am very jealous that you get to go back to the classroom. I miss my kids! Gonna have to work on that once we get out to Cali. Until then, can I live vicariously through you?

Sharon said...

Awww, friend, BLAH! Blah, blah, blah!

Katie said...

Sorry friend! Squeeze that little man for me!

Steve & Amy said...

Why do we have to be grown ups and have jobs???? Why can't we get paid to play? Sometimes I think this work thing isn't all it's cracked up to be:) I'm right there with you:( But until you go back snuggle that little man as much as you can:) Hugs!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker