Monday, October 15, 2007

First day back

Well. Here I am...it's 2:56 and I can go get Owen in just 19 min.!

Shannon dropped him off for me at the sitter's this morning. I just couldn't bear it. I got him up and dressed, though, and bless his heart, I woke him from a sound sleep at 6:40am, changed his clothes and he was just all smiles. Happy as usual. :) Shannon said he seemed excited that Daddy was there at the sitter's w/him, and a little confused when he left (usually it's Mommy leaving!).

I've done ok. I just got teary-eyed once, when someone gave me a little card and scrapbook to welcome me. You know how it is: when you're holding on but feeling vulnerable, and then someone's nice to you...and the tears roll! But that was short-lived. I'm doing ok.

HEY! The bell rang! I'm outta here! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been in my thoughts all day....hugs to you!

Sharon said...

It's time to go back to work already??? Where has the time gone? You've made it through the first day, which I would think would be the hardest. Hoping the rest of the week flies by for you! Hugs from us!

Katie said...

I'll bet Owen was so excited to see you today!! What a blessing that you got so much time with him! Gone are the days of staying after to get some stuff done, huh?

Steve & Amy said...

The first day back is the worst!!! But it does get a little better. I'm sure Owen's going get a bear hug and a great big kiss from mama! Maybe he can come for show and tell:)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker