Monday, October 8, 2007

Owen was at the sitter's most of the day today...

He woke himself up at 6:15 this morning, so he must've known I was planning to rouse him at 6:30 to get him used to getting up early. We ate breakfast, he played while I got his lunch packed, and we got to the sitter's by. (Not really fast enough, but I had to get myself ready too, which I'll do before I get him up next week, I guess.)

She said he did fine, and only cried once, when another kid cried. He only slept for 35 min., and so when we got home about 1:30, he crashed for 2 hours! And then he sort of rested (read: wanted Mommy to hold him on her lap) for another hour. THEN Daddy came home and the games began!

I worked at school, did the grocery shopping and made my (weight-gaining) self run for 30 minutes, in the woods w/our dogs. I missed him, but the time went quickly, and honestly, I was around some kids who are in my first hour class (I haven't met most of them yet!), and it was good to hear their goofy banter and laughter. I unabashedly love high school kids...and love my job. Owen loves his sitter, and so I think it'll be ok. After all, I'll be going to get him at 3:15 every day! It's not as if I work till 6!

Oh, but how I MISSED HIM!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

When do you officially head back?

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker