Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Back State-side...

How odd that everyone isn't speaking a language that I can only catch every 3rd word or so...how odd that I don't say 'gracias' or 'de nada' or 'buena dias.' How strange that I can again buy apples to eat. How odd that my son is not attached to my chest via a Snugli or perched on my hip. Everything feels unfamiliar here in my own country right now. I can only imagine how those long-time fostering mommas will feel when they can finally come back with their babies!

There was a 6.8 earthquake in Guatemala, on the Pacific side...please keep them all in your prayers while we wait for more news.

4 comments:

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Glad you made it back state-side safely. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for your hubby and a faster reunion with your adorable son!
~Beckie

Dr. Samantha said...

hey miss becca. glad you made it home safely. just saw your post on a.com. please don't hesitate to email if you need any support, ok? sending lots of hugs your way. this process bites.
-samantha

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Becca! I read your post on a.com and wanted to say I will be praying for you and hope you are back soon with good news!!!

Natalie

Steve & Amy said...

Glad to hear you made it home. Now we pray that you get to gor back soon to pick up that little man of yours. He is so stinkin' cute!!! Keep the pictures coming we love looking at them:)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker