Sunday, June 24, 2007

Just a quiet Sunday night...

We took Shannon to the ER Sat. morning because his calf pain was so bad we were afraid it was a blood clot. After a Doppler, they determined that his muscles in the calf have atrophied and contracted around nerves in there. We then went down to Cape to see my parents--my mom leaves Wed. to see my brother and sister-in-law in Washington state, so I won't see her till OWEN COMES HOME!

Why, you might ask? On the morning of our Independence Day, Shannon will be flying out of St L airport to Ecuador for his brother's wedding. On that same morning, I will be flying out to Guatemala--and I ain't coming home till Owen can come w/me! We hope/think it'll be sooner than later...although we're not sure exactly what's going on in PGN now w/our case. It's too soon to know for sure...but we'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Steve & Amy said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about Shannon! I hope he gets feeling better soon! I am so excited for you that you will be with Owen again soon:) I know that this wait in PGN is killing you! You have served your time and it's high time they give you your OUT! Praying for you & Shannon! Love ya:)

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Wow! Fantastic news! I know that you must be over the moon to get back to that sweet baby boy! So glad you were able to work it out so that you can foster again -- and until he comes home forever! Are you going to take next school year off? Will I have another out-of-work teacher to commiserate with during the day? Here's hoping Shannon's leg heals fast too.
~Beckie

Williams said...

What a way to spend a Saturday. I'm sorry to hear about this. But, of course you know I'm SO happy that you will be rooming with me in Guatemala! I can't wait to meet you and Owen and with this trip you better be going home in the end. You deserve it more than anyone at this point. You'll have to teach me all the in's and out's of Antigua as well as a few things about being a new mom! Take care and see you on the 4th!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker