Saturday, June 30, 2007

So soon!


I can't believe that in just 4 days I will have Owen in my arms--and I NEVER HAVE TO GIVE HIM BACK!!! I almost can't believe that the next time I come home from Guatemala, he will be with me, and his daddy will meet us at the airport! I so wish Shannon could come, too...we will definitely not be complete until we are home & with him, too. We've waited so long to become a family...when I get to Guatemala, we'll be 2/3 whole! :)


That said, those of you still State-side: Shannon will be busy w/school, football, etc., but PLEASE give him a call, check in on him, go to his scrimmages if I'm not back (or even if I am!) for them, have him over to grill, whatever. He'll miss us, and we will miss him SO MUCH. Shannon, I love you more than life itself, and that's the truth. We've worked so hard to have children, and finally, finally, this precious little boy will be OURS!! I love you, Coach.

2 comments:

Williams said...

OK, that just made my cry, but in a happy way! We are ecstatic that this will be your final trip to be with Owen and then bring him home. What a feeling it will be to be together - just the three of you. You have been extremely patient and Owen is READY to be with you - I can tell by his little hands reaching out to you in these pictures! This has been a life-changing experience for all of us adoptive parents and one we will cherish in our hearts always. Looking forward to spending time with you both in Antigua!

Steve & Amy said...

It's exciting to know that Owen will be in his Mommy's arms FOREVER in a few short days! We pray that this trip is short and sweet and that Shannon can join you and your family will be complete. We enjoy following your story and can't wait to follow it when you get home! Love ya!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker